Most Popular Girls Tattoos
Most Popular Girls Tattoo Designs
Tattoos are now at their height of popularity and now all sorts of people from all walks of life have them. Over the last 25 years there has been a massive shift in the way tattoos are perceived and they are no longer looked down on as a lower class stamp – although that will never change with certain parts of society.
Now people – and especially girls are getting more and more tattoos than ever and unlike days gone by when it was often a spur of the moment thing during a big night out, rolling into the tattoo studio and choosing one they like the look of off the wall, the tattoo that someone is going to have is being researched and chosen well in advance of their inking and the Internet has had a massive part to play in this.
The Internet has also had a massive impact in resurgence of tribal cultures and ancient forms of tattoo art and practices such as Japanese tebori, Maori ta moko and Polynesian ta tau to an increasingly fascinated audience. As a result there has been unprecedented interest in ancient forms of tattoo and tattoo designs.
More and more people are now looking for a tattoo that is symbolic or has a personal meaning to them and that is why so many people are asking for word translations in Japanese kanji, Hindu or Arabic scripts. The result is that tattoo styles are changing and the old historical styles that have been around for thousands of years are having a resurgence of popularity – but thats not to say that beautiful picture girls tattoos are not popular too as most girls also want something pleasing to the eye inked on their body.
This is what I have found to be the most popular girls tattoos at the moment:
Top 10 Most Popular Girls Tattoos
1. Star Tattoos
2. Angel & Fairy tattoos
3. Tribal Tattoos – Tribal tattoos have been been practiced in one form or another for millenia and their current popularity show no sign of slowing down. Included in this category of tribal tattoos are Maori tattoos, Polynesian and Haida style of tattoos.
4. Flower Tattoos – Flower tattoo designs can represent a timeless symbol of beauty and again are a popular choice of tattoo design particularly amongst girls.
5. Celtic Tattoos – In the past few years Celtic tattoos have experienced a massive revival with the history of the Celtic people going back thousands of years.
6. Bird Tattoos
7. Lower Back Tattoos – Although not a tattoo style or symbol as such it still has been a hugely popular style of tattoo. Even been tagged with derogatory names such as ‘tramp stamp’ it shows no sign of going away just yet!
8. Butterfly Tattoos – Their beauty and appeal have ensured that not only are butterflies a hugely requested especially by females but they have become a mainstay for the past number of years.
9. Kanji Tattoos – A massive number of people are asking for certain words and names to be translated into Chinese or Japanese scripts. Even with highly publicized errors going around online with kanji script tattoos there is an increasing amount of people getting them done.
10. Black and Gray Tattoos – Black and gray tattoos are generally believed to have started in prisons in the United States but have evolved into a popular style of tattoo. Certain tattoo artists specialize in this style and have become well known for this style.
This list is far from definitive and is based on the amount of searches done for certain design styles along with what is popular in todays female tattoo culture and should only be regarded as a snap shot of what is popular at the moment.
Obviously there are hundreds of other tattoo designs not listed and some tattoo designs see sudden surges in popularity because a certain celebrity is seen with it and then the focus shifts and that design then falls back to its natural popularity again.